[bookport] Re: rupture and NLS digital books

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:58:57 -0600 (CST)

The other question is, Would NLS permit it? My personal feelings about NLS are less than charitable.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
Skype ID: o.canada

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Kitty Litter wrote:

Whether or not the current book port transfer is updated for NLS books is purely a management, political, and marketing decision. As far as I know, APH isn't in the habit of discussing their longterm business strategy with it's customers so we will probably never know what is really going on. Like I've said before, the transfer software could decode the daisy books and then encrypt them so they would only play on your particular BP. But who knows what the cost for the programming time would be. Other improvements could be made to the transfer software such as preprocessing of files, but for whatever reasons it hasn't been done. If the BP software was modified for NLS I probably would be content to use the current model for years. I just hope their will be several choices for portable players.