[bookport] Re: rupture and NLS digital books

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:53:50 -0500

I suspect very strongly that if it's technically possible to produce a
player that's NLS digital-capable by means of software alone, this will be
offered and that Randy is wrong in his belief that the decision will be made
purely on the basis of what offers the best marketing incentives from APH's
point of view. However, I'm by no means convinced that such a device can be
produced on the existing hardware via software alone, meaning that an
entirely new player will be required. However, this is _all_ pointless
speculation until such time as APH announces what's going to be available,
so there's really no point in getting very wrought up about it.