[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:01:24 -0600

My Nokia cellphone accepts a direct charge, and current cellphone batteries are remarkably robust. I wouldn't mind that sort of battery if replacements were readily available. I think the reason most of us want replaceable batteries has a lot to do with the down time involved, not to mention how frankly difficult it is for us to prepare, package, and ship units which require service. However, I, too trust APH to do a fine job of figuring out works best for the majority of people.

If a new, thinner unit is eventually marketed, I'd like to see hard plastic buttons which are more or less flush with the unit, rather like many cellphone buttons. To my way of thinking, this would make for tougher devices which would function remarkably well during travel.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>