[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:02:41 -0600

Those who bring up the idea of cell phone style batteries may well have
never attempted to purchase replacement batteries.  They are as
proprietary as anything can ever be.  Companies like Nokia and Motorola
have just a few more dollars to invest in R&D Than APH.  Therefore, they
can design sophisticate charging circuitry and create batteries that
have no other function than to power your cell phone.  I use my Bookport
far more than I use my cell phone, and although my cell charges
extremely rapidly, it still needs to charge.  And when it does, it is no
longer a portable device.    My Bookport, on the other hand, is in fact
a portable device.  I don't need to worry about chargers or AC outlets.
I simply have the ability to read, anywhere.  I would hate to give that
up.