[bookport] Re: power

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:01:01 -0600

This is quite off-topic, but there are screen readers for certain cell
phones that already exist that allow blind users to do pretty much
everything that a sighted user does with a cell phone.
There are only certain phones that they can be used with, and they are
pricy, but they do exist.
One is called "mobile speak" and is made by Code Factory while the other
is called "Talks".
If you want information, go to www.optelec.com for information on
"Mobile Speak" and go to www.beyondsight.com for information about
Talks.
You will find a list of supported phone models for each device