[bookport] Re: not responding after changing batteries

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:25:08 -0400

I would add that it might be worth leaving the card out as well.

>>> PRADER@xxxxxxx Monday, September 26, 2005 8:14:29 AM >>>
You might try leaving the batteries out completely for 24 hours, then
try putting the new ones in again.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/25/05 04:07PM >>>
While playing an mp3 file I got the battery low warning, I press d+e+f
and
changed batteries and then nothing. Heard click in earphones, no
speech, no
beeps while holding a key. Left batteries out for few nins and
nothing.

Batteries are in correctly and are good and unit is not locked. Can
listen
on AM radio, sounds like processor is doing something, pressing keys
changes
noises slightly. Using beta 8. Reset 2+e does nothing. Cannot transfer
files
through usb. Will try batteries again now and then in hopes the unit
will
come back like the last guy. Otherwise will have to see about bringing
unit
back for repair. Quite annoying!