[bookport] Finding my place

  • From: "Deborah Kendrick" <dkkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:44:00 -0500

Hi All,
I'm a fairly new Book Port user, so forgive if this question seems foolish.
FOolish or not, I would definitely appreciate some help!

I can't seem to find a reliable way of either figuring out my place or
moving to another within an Audible.com book.  Yes, the next subsection
command sometimes moves me to another chapter or back, and yes, I can set a
zillion bookmarks and locate places that way, but I can't imagine that there
isn't more location information available than that!  When I try "go to
page" no matter what number I press, it starts reading at exactly the same
spot where I left off.  Last night, for example, Book Port said I was on
page 302 of a book.  I tried going to 305, 336, 355, 201 (you get the
picture), but every time, once I pressed the pound to return reading, I was
at the same spot.  Then, I got the "replace battery" message, so I thought
perhaps that was the problem.  Nope.  After replacing the batteries, no
matter where I checked, BOok Port told me I was on page 72 -- whether I was
really at beginning, middle or end of file, it said page 72.  What is wrong
with my Book Port or its user?

Thanks,
Deborah