[bookport] Re: Finding my place

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:23:42 -0700

        Hi Deborah.  If you press the page forward or page backward keys while
reading, as opposed to going to an absolute page number, does Bookport jump
from page to page?  And, furthermore, does the page number reporting
setting change as you move around incrementally?   So, for example if it
says you're on page 20, and you hit the page backward key, does it now say
you're on page 19?
If not, it could mean there's not enough navigational data to do what you
want.
-Brian

On Sep 26,  8:44am, "Deborah Kendrick" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Finding my place
} Hi All,
} I'm a fairly new Book Port user, so forgive if this question seems foolish.
} FOolish or not, I would definitely appreciate some help!
}
} I can't seem to find a reliable way of either figuring out my place or
} moving to another within an Audible.com book.  Yes, the next subsection
} command sometimes moves me to another chapter or back, and yes, I can set a
} zillion bookmarks and locate places that way, but I can't imagine that there
} isn't more location information available than that!  When I try "go to
} page" no matter what number I press, it starts reading at exactly the same
} spot where I left off.  Last night, for example, Book Port said I was on
} page 302 of a book.  I tried going to 305, 336, 355, 201 (you get the
} picture), but every time, once I pressed the pound to return reading, I was
} at the same spot.  Then, I got the "replace battery" message, so I thought
} perhaps that was the problem.  Nope.  After replacing the batteries, no
} matter where I checked, BOok Port told me I was on page 72 -- whether I was
} really at beginning, middle or end of file, it said page 72.  What is wrong
} with my Book Port or its user?
}
} Thanks,
} Deborah