[bookport] not responding after changing batteries

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:07:23 -0400

While playing an mp3 file I got the battery low warning, I press d+e+f and changed batteries and then nothing. Heard click in earphones, no speech, no beeps while holding a key. Left batteries out for few nins and nothing. Batteries are in correctly and are good and unit is not locked. Can listen on AM radio, sounds like processor is doing something, pressing keys changes noises slightly. Using beta 8. Reset 2+e does nothing. Cannot transfer files through usb. Will try batteries again now and then in hopes the unit will come back like the last guy. Otherwise will have to see about bringing unit back for repair. Quite annoying!