[bookport] Re: navigating audio files

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 00:04:52 -0600 (CST)

One thing you can use is the command whose name totally escapes me at the moment that lets you move backward or forward by a predetermined increment, as set in, well, in the settings menu. Oh man I need some sleep. But you can set it to move by a predetermined number of seconds either way: 1+2 moves you backwards, 2+3 moves you forward. It's not perfect, but it is useful.

Bruce

-- Bruce Toews E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: DogRiver@xxxxxxxx Web Site (including info on my weekly commentaries): http://www.ogts.net Info on the Best TV Show of All Time: http://www.cornergas.com

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, DOC wrote:

that sounds great too.  I was thinking of something that will allow me to
move backward to find the place I lost after bumping the unit.  Usually I
lock it but a couple of times I didn't have enough time to do so and after
finding my seat on the bus found that I was near the beginning of the book.
I noticed it doesn't mind moving forward but it really seems to hate backing
up.