[bookport] Re: imaspeaker, brief evaluation

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 03:55:38 -0500

Hi Ed,

The brf files from bookshare have worked quite well for me.  Occasionally
there can be some problems, but 99.9 percent of the time things are fine.

You can turn off the beeps the Book Port emits when the unit is locked by
going into the setup menu by hitting the zero.  This toggles between setup
mode and reading mode.  I don't know if you have explored this much so you
may already know all of this.  You can look at the various options by
pressing the number 2 or 8.  There is an option for lock beep and if it is
set to no then the unit won't beep when a key is pressed and the unit is
locked.  When you are exploring an option in the setup you can make changes
by using the 4 and 6 keys.  This is probably as clear as mud but it is 4 in
the morning and I have not introduced my brain to caffeine yet today!

Joni