[bookport] Re: gripes and wishes from a new subscriber

  • From: "Sharon" <scfinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:19:11 -0500

Walt, your reply has covered most points. Cris, as Walt pointed out, price
is a real consideration. You may have several 4 gig cards. However, there
are many people on this list who need to budget for any additional card. If
the type of card was changed, the current cards would become obsolete. I
attended a meeting where NLS stated that they were planning to use compact
flash for there digital system. I doubt that these cards are going to become
unavailable. I would like to see an option for buying a different
synthesizer. Eloquence, for example, would cost $50 extra. If it were an
option, the synthesizer wouldn't increase the price for people who are happy
with DoubleTalk. As for music, I didn't buy the unit for music and that
still isn't a real consideration for me. The BookPort was introduced as a
reading device. All of the additions have made it possible to read many
different formats and play MP3 or digital talking books. I would like to see
it accommodate WMA since that is the format used by the unabridged library.

Make it a great one

Sharon