[bookport] Re: future of bookport

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:21:18 -0500

So now we know: NLS refused APH permission to include the technology needed
to play the new DTB modules. Given the long, long history of cooperation
between NLS and APH, this is a real kick in <somewhere I'd better not
mention on a family list> to APH and it shocks and appalls me. However, it
does pretty well settle my personal future so far as reading devices are
concerned: I'll get my two Book Ports repaired back to like-new status and
then, wait until my local library can give me a DTB player along about 2010
or so. What a lousy state of affairs.

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx