[bookport] Re: bookport's future

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:06:28 -0500

Well, as I've said before--time alone will tell.  If they end up being able to
do it, then we will too.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx 12/20/07 11:50AM >>>
I have been to the Book Courier web site.  In the "What's New"
section, they are really talking big.  They say people will be able
to read NLS books, among other things, and Book Courier customers
will be able to trade in their old BC's for discounts on the newer
model, but, as you say, time will tell.

At 10:32 AM 12/20/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard:
>
>Although I can't speak for Springer Design, who makes the Book
>Courier, however, I just want to caution you not to believe
>everything you hear (time will tell).  Since The Book Port and Book
>Courier are very similar devices and APH was denied permission to
>play NLS books on the Book Port, I would be very surprised if it
>happens for the Book Courier.  However, they have not made as many
>changes in their Firmware, so maybe they're planning to have people
>send their units in--but again, I'd be very surprised at that!
>

>Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
>American Printing House For The Blind
>1839 Frankfort Ave.
>Louisville, KY  40206
>
>PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>Hi everyone;
>For my part I think it is sometimes easy to needlessly spend hard earned
>cash to "keep up" when the newest update isn't that much greater than what
>one al ready has.
>It would be nice to look at the nls list of books just to see if there is
>anything there that one is really missing.  Unfortunately I don't believe
>you can access that material unless you have signed up to download their
>info.
>I believe the book currier is scheduled for revision so that it too can
>download nls info.  Their site is promising a price superior to the stream.
>They apparently are staying with double talk which I found interesting.
>Richard

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen
to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your
heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring
you back from captivity.