[bookport] Re: file limit

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:50:12 -0600

It is best not to put too many files in the root directory. The Bookport will become sluggish. I usually keep from 20 to 24 files in each folder. You can also put subfolders within your folders. Remember while complaining about what twill or will not do, this is old technology. Once you get started using it, you will, if you are like most of us on this list, really begin to like it. I wonder what I did before I got mine. I carry a library of thousands of books around with me, and I enjoy that concept very much.

At 07:01 PM 2/10/2007, Fil wrote:
What is the arbitrary limit APH have imposed upon me for total number of files in a directory please?

As light fades, vision increases
Blind people have vision

I cannot see you,
Cannot see you seeing me,
Equality reigns.

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there!"

Sandy Licht

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.