[bookport] errors when opening daisy files

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:12:52 -0700

Hi folks,
I have a daisy book on my bookport for a class which I teach. I have
been using this particular file for about sixteen weeks with no
trouble. It is on a compact flash card which holds many other things1
txt books1 podcasts. I do not generally use this card for anything
else, but, occasionally I will  put a file on it to be read with my
ubrailleunote.
My daisy books are in a directory of their own. The card is not full.
Here's my problem. Today I attempted to read from this particular
book. I got an error saying, "application file IO  error"
There are other daisy books in the same directory. Two of them,
significantly smaller books, are playable. Another, a large book,
gives me a slightly different error, "error opening file data file IO
error"

Other mp3 files play.
The only thing which I can think of is that I transferred a book from
my pc recently using k1000. If any one has any ideas, please let me
know. This particular file is marked up, and it is nearly 700 pages
long so transfering it again would be a huge bummer.
Thanks
Rusty