[bookport] Re: errors when opening daisy files

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:23:39 -0400

Rusty:

The reason renaming the ._DD files to MP3 doesn't always work is that
the files are often encrypted. So, you can't tell using this technique
if the files are corrupt or encrypted.

Rob Meredith

>>> rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx 05/24/06 01:16PM >>>
Hi Rob,
OK, I have some success.

Pam suggested I try renaming the _dd files to mp3 files to see if they
play.
They did not.
I renamed back to _dd files, I also used chkdsk and the problem seems
to be
fixed, at least with the one book. All files are there ETC.

I don't know where the deleeted files from the other books went, but
it
doesn't matter now that I'e got the important one back.

Thanks!
Rusty

Skype: rustyperez
Yahoo and AIM: reliroo