[bookport] Re: error message

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:14:22 -0800

        Hello.  This means the first sector of the flash card is
uninitialized.  The easiest way to recover is to reformat the card, using
the 4 corner keys at the same time.  If you have a lot of data on there
that yould like to try and save, take the card out, put it in a card reader
on your windows machine, and run
format /mbr e:
or what ever drive the card shows up as on your Windows box from a command
window.

        With luck, this will initialize the boot block of the flash card,
while preserving the contents of the rest of the flash card.
Hope this helps.
-Brian

On Feb 19,  8:47pm, "Amber Wallenstein" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] error message
} This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C87338.9DE0FE30
}
} I am getting an odd error message.  I had my bookport in my jacket =
} pocket and it was loc ked.  I tried to unlock it but when I did, I got =
} the following message: FS can't initialize device, and the card says it =
} is empty. =20
} What do I do about this? Did I lose all  of my data?
} Amber
} Book blog:
} http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
} I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have =
} consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. =
} I give
} you this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.
} John Adams
} E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C87338.9DE0FE30
}
} <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
} <HTML><HEAD>
} <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
} charset=3Diso-8859-1">
} <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3268" name=3DGENERATOR>
} <STYLE></STYLE>
} </HEAD>
} <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am getting an odd error =
} message.&nbsp; I had my=20
} bookport in my jacket pocket and it was loc ked.&nbsp; I tried to unlock =
} it but=20
} when I did, I got the following message: FS can't initialize device, and =
} the=20
} card says it is empty.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do&nbsp;I do about this? Did I =
} lose all&nbsp;=20
} of my data?</FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Amber</FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Book blog:<BR><A=20
} href=3D"http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/";>http://community.=
} livejournal.com/book_cuddler/</A><BR>I=20
} have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have =
} consented=20
} to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I =
} give<BR>you=20
} this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.<BR>John=20
} Adams<BR>E-Mail: <A=20
} href=3D"mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx";>amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx</A><BR></=
} FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
}