[bookport] Re: ear buds, ear phones, etc

  • From: "albert griffith" <albertgriffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:06:58 -0400

I've owned low and high-end ear buds and a pair of fairly costly headphones.
I've had ear buds made by Sony and Shure, 50 and $100 respectively.  The
Sony's are the best value for the money.  Their cord is connected in the
middle so you can make it short or long.  The connectors are more firmly
secured with more expensive models.  Mine haven't broken in over a year with
constant use.  Both brands have removable sleeves so you can get the best
fit for your ear.  This makes quite a bit of difference when wearing them
for long periods of time.  I don't believe the Shure's at twice the price
sound any  better but they do come with a, doughnut shaped, hard case, with
a cylinder in the middle around which you wrap the wires for storage.  My
larger, Bose headphones, at $150 aren't worth the extra money.  I received
them as a gift.  However, they're light wait and fit well.
Concerning blue tooth, the new thing is two way blue tooth which allows you
to use a remote control with the headphones or speakers you attach and
they'll work for a distance of 100 feet.  You can find the article about
this in last Sunday's N.Y. times under technology.  take care.

  _____