[bookport] Re: ear buds, ear phones, etc

  • From: "Eric SS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:10:53 -0400

Nancy, the flaw in any earphone is the wire.  They will eventually always
break.  That is why I don't pay a lot for any.

My choice is to go to an Odd Lots or some other close-outs kind of store and
buy several pairs of headphones (that is, if I cannot tell what they are
like through the packaging).  When I get home and find one of those I like,
I try to get back there to get another few pair of that same kind.  These
are nearly always $1 or so, so even the pairs I get I hate, I figure I am
saving in the long run.  Putting them in and out of bags and dropping them
just seems to break them every couple of months.

Of course, if you want what I think is the ultimate solution, you can spend
around $100 for wireless headphones that come with a transmitter you plug
into the Bookport and then you are free of moving the device around with you
for up to 30 feet or so.  In my house, I can go anywhere in or pretty far
outside of the house.  I don't have a recommendation for a particular brand
off hand, though.

The best!

  _____