[bookport] Re: does no lock beep save batteries

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:25:48 -0500

My guess is that somewhere down the road, APH will be working on
another strategy for locking the unit, like an on off switch.  I don't
see any way to avoid the battery loss that results whether you have
beeps or not without a hardware change.  After all, if you totally
locked the unit so that no key worked, how would you wake it up again?
One thing you might do, and I don't know if this would be a hardware
change is to only have the unlock keys be active when the unit was
locked.  So, yes, if you pressed either of these individually, the
unit would wake up and perhaps beep or not beep, But, if you pressed
any of the other keys, there would be no response.  This would lessen
the likelihood of the unit beeping when being transported.
Neal