[bookport] Re: creating folders

  • From: "Yerba Bruja" <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:46:55 -0500

Walt Smith wrote;

To avoid a possibly misleading interpretation of what Marta has said here,
be aware that once the transfer program is running, you *can* use Windows
Explorer to send files to the BP. Select the file or files you want to send;
press ALT+F to open the Files menu; press the letter N to open the Send To
submenu and locate Book Port; press ENTER and the file(s) are sent using the
transfer software. You do *not* have to use the transfer software to select
the files and initiate the transfer and I almost never do.>

That's right. I've sent many a files myself through the bookport that way. Sorry for forgetting to bring that up. I'd add one more thing though. If you send single files or books using the steps described by Walt, they'll end up in the bookport's root directory. Sometimes that can cause problems, as i've had the occasion to find out. So what you might want to do in order to avoid that, is put all the files you're sending in a folder, and then send the entire folder to the bookport using the steps described above.

Marta