[bookport] Re: braille translation errors

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:19:14 -0600

For example: immeasurably: It interprets "I M M as "immediate."

At 10:35 AM 1/26/2006, you wrote:
How does it mistranslate these words?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Dean Martineau wrote:

Sometime back, I mentioned finding some errors in the Book Port's reverse translations which might prompt me to use NfbTrans to back-translate my documents. Some of this is because I read unusual material, and hence encounter words which others don't, such as the name Effendi, which the Book Port renders as Everyfendi and NFBTrans doesn't, or if it did, I could change the translatin table. Larry asked to hear of words which are mistranslated. Of course, there are very few. But so that they can be fixed, two recent examples are the words beleaguered and immeasurable and immeasurably.

thanks, and keep up the god work, APH!

Dean

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218