[bookport] braille translation errors

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:36:46 -0800

Sometime back, I mentioned finding some errors in the Book Port's reverse translations which might prompt me to use NfbTrans to back-translate my documents. Some of this is because I read unusual material, and hence encounter words which others don't, such as the name Effendi, which the Book Port renders as Everyfendi and NFBTrans doesn't, or if it did, I could change the translatin table. Larry asked to hear of words which are mistranslated. Of course, there are very few. But so that they can be fixed, two recent examples are the words beleaguered and immeasurable and immeasurably.

thanks, and keep up the god work, APH!

Dean