[bookport] Re: bc_sig.bb

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:10:25 -0500

Okay, let's do a little real problem determination here and just maybe we
can get to the _real_ facts. I did the following:

1. Formatted a 64 meg CF card using a card reader attached to my PC. The
card was formatted FAT.
2. Opened Windows explorer--there were no files on the card whatever.
3. Inserted the card into my Book Port, left it there approximately 10
seconds, and removed it.
4. Placed the card back into the card reader and opened Windows Explorer.

Guess what, boys and girls--the BCSIG._BB file was now there. In other
words, this file is _not_ created by the formatting process, but is created
the first time the card is placed into the Book Port. Since the card is
already in the Book Port when you use the BP to format it, the BP writes the
file _after_ the formatting process completes, just as is done when a
totally empty card is first inserted into the unit.