[bookport] Re: bc_sig.bb

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:48:47 -0800

        Now that is a good test, and, yes, suggests strongly that you are
completely correct about when the BCSIG._BB file is created.  Now, for
those of you who have two bookports, try placing a new blank card in one of
your bookports, waiting for the BCSIG._BB file to be created, pull it out,
be sure the file exists by using your stand alone cf reader, and put it in
your other bookport.  Then, plug that bookport into your computer, and,
I'll bet, unless the transfer tool won't tell you, that it reports that the
one you have plugged in is the one on which the BCSIG._BB file was created,
not the one you're actually using at the moment.
-Brian
On Feb 1, 11:10am, "Walt Smith" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: bc_sig.bb
} Okay, let's do a little real problem determination here and just maybe we
} can get to the _real_ facts. I did the following:
}
} 1. Formatted a 64 meg CF card using a card reader attached to my PC. The
} card was formatted FAT.
} 2. Opened Windows explorer--there were no files on the card whatever.
} 3. Inserted the card into my Book Port, left it there approximately 10
} seconds, and removed it.
} 4. Placed the card back into the card reader and opened Windows Explorer.
}
} Guess what, boys and girls--the BCSIG._BB file was now there. In other
} words, this file is _not_ created by the formatting process, but is created
} the first time the card is placed into the Book Port. Since the card is
} already in the Book Port when you use the BP to format it, the BP writes the
} file _after_ the formatting process completes, just as is done when a
} totally empty card is first inserted into the unit.
}