[bookport] Well I crashed it!

  • From: Dane Trethowan <grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:42:10 +1100

Hi everyone!
Well it looks as though my Bookport has crashed good and propper, I'd downloaded a Daisy magazine from the Vision Australia's "News On The Go" service and was playing it. Audio was fine until Bookport's speech synthesiser interrupted the audio with a whole string of garbage, only way I could stop this was to take the batteries out of the unit. 4 hours have passed since I did this and I've just reinserted the batteries to hear Bookport say something that sounds like "169 key". Pressing the Reset combination of 2 b only has this message announced again, all other controls do nothing whatsoever. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks

******************************
Dane Trethowan
From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:”grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”;
Phone +613 9747 3975
Support ) +613 8732 9237
Fax +613 9743 7954
msn: grtdane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
skype: callto:grtdane12

*** TFT BBS - your environmentally friendly host! ***

*** This message was despatched using 100% recycled electrons *** ***