[bookport] Using Audible.com and BookShare

  • From: "Michael Bowman-Jones" <mikebowmanjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:45:15 -0700

Greetings, All.

Every once in a while, messages come on to the list wherein the writer seems to
be determining if he/she should go with BookPort or BookCourier.  I don't know
how significant a factor this is, but in checking out the Audible.com and
BookShare sites, they both specifically reference BookCourier as a workable
(for lack of a better term) device without referencing BookPort at all.  If I
was looking again, I think I would give that factor quite a bit of weight.

I have not tried using either source yet so I don't know:  Does BookCourier
being mentioned mean (as I would infer rightly or wrongly) that it works
much more easily and with better compatibility with Audible and BookShare or is
it not that big a deal?

Thanks in advance for your responses.  As a new BookPort user, I have to admit
this is giving me some concern.

Michael