[bookport] Re: Unfiltered file error on BP

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:14:36 -0600 (CST)

Walt, it was my understanding that MP3's can be transfered over without using the transfer program if you don't need all the indexing features.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Walt Smith wrote:

As someone else asked, did you use the Book Port Transfer program to move
this file or did you just copy the file using Windows Explorer? You must use
the transfer software for _anything_ you place on the device.

Note that when you install the transfer software, a new item is added to the
Send To submenu in Windows Explorer for the Book Port. When you use this
choice, the transfer software is automatically used. However, you don't have
any control over where the file is placed--it's always placed into the root
folder.