[bookport] Re: Transferring Digital Talking Books to the Book Port

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:16:46 -0800

        In explorer, you should be able to determine the size of the original
documents and this will tell you if the entire thing transfered in one
pass, according to the following size limitations:

Text files: files larger than 4MB will not transfer in one pass.  You can
either manually cut the file, or you can, I think, rename the file, and tell
the transfer utility to pick up in the middle, presumably near the break
point.

Audio files: If the resultant MP3 file is larger than 250MB, then it will
not transfer in one pass.  Otherwise, you're good to go.  I'm not sure if
RFB&D books are comprised of many MP3 files, or if the resultant stuff that
gets sent to the Bookport is done by putting everything into one MP3 file.
I hope the former, but I'm not sure.
-Brian