[bookport] Re: Trade-offs with USB Power, Rechargeable Batteries, Internal Speakers, etc.

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:33:20 -0400

If a rechargeable battery option is offered, I fail to see how it could
be anything _but_ a proprietary system for the reasons I gave in my
earlier message, which assumed that the current design that accommodates
double A batteries of any type were to be retained. If this is retained
and a recharge option included, then the potential for dangerous
mismatches exists and I doubt that APH would be interested in taking
that responsibility.=20