[bookport] Re: The Bible. Was: Re: Re: Windows version of NFB Trans.

  • From: Howard Kaufman <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 01:05:38 -0600

I made a recorded bible, using a free bible, and k1000. The reason I did it, was that I had requests for a bible with chapter and verse notations. The recorded bibles are made to be listened to. This seems logical, but I guess those numbers matter to some kinds of bible readers.

Anyway, I can zip up and send the kes file. You want that one, because k1000 can divide the book in to mp3 files using the bookmarks rather than individual pages. This way, each of the 66 books becomes it's own audio file. The conversion to mp3 took around three hours on a fast machine. It's about 1.2 GB in size as audio when you are done. You certainly can convert to txt and stick it directly on the bp.