[bookport] Re: The BP and the victor stream

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 08:32:13 +0100

I'm confused? I know Springer have decided not to go ahead with another device, but you say here that you hope APH use double talk on their next device. Are APH going to make another machine then that's like the book port? I really don't want a stream if I can help it. I know it's a good machine, but it just has too many anoying features that I would struggle to live with not least the way it anounces everything when you are moving about and carrying out commands. Surely, like the book port, once you know what you're doing you don't need some anoying voice anouncing everything. The way it gives all the books numbers so you have to listen to a number before the title of the book is so irritating and on and on. I don't know what I'll do without my port. I've had mine for many years now and apart from problems with the headphone socket it's been fine. I usually get about 60 hours out of my rechargeables and have 2 sets which I alternate, which means i never have to sit by a plug socket whilst it charges up, which would drive me potty. I'm distraught to think I might have to resort to a stream.

Shell.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>