[bookport] Re: The BP and the victor stream

  • From: "John Melia" <unclejam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 12:57:53 -0400

I agree with that one.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 10:40 PM
Subject: [bookport] The BP and the victor stream

I too am wondering about the comment someone made here about sapi voices on the stream. I have both devices and I love both of them. Actually I think I read more books in text formats than audio formats. While the stream does well with the audio formats, I can't live with the voices for text! Tom is somewhat better than Samantha, but somehow the synthesizer has some inflexions and pronunciations that are much less tolerable than the idiosyncracies of double talk. I can read much faster and more comfortably with double talk on the bookport. When reading only text formatted books on the BP, I can sometimes get over 90 hours on a pair of batteries. I'm hoping APH uses double talk in their next device, and that I'll be able to afford it when it's ready and available.
Lois