[bookport] Re: Syntax for msub

  • From: "Jacques Bosch" <jacques.bosch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:35:23 +0200

Here are the steps.
1) Make a folder somewhere in which to place your books that are to be
processed. E.g. tempbooks
2) Copy the text books/files you want to process into tempbooks.
3) In the tempbooks folder create a sub folder called msub.
4) Copy the Msub.exe file from the package into this msub folder.  (the exe
is all you need from the package).
5) Attached are two small files (I hope they make it through).
    File 1: @GoMsub.bat is the bat file to simplify running the program.
    File 2: Msub.MS is the template defining the replacements to be made.
    Save both these files into the msub folder, where you have already place
the Msub.exe file.
6) Now run @GoMsub.bat and it should run it and tell you in a command window
how many changes were made to each file in the tempbooks folder.

Check out Msub.MS to see what replacements are being made.
This one basically changes most number words to digits like one to 1 and
first to 1st etc.

Hope this helps.

For those who would like it, I can send through my definition file that will
make all the changes I described in one of my earlier posts.

Jacques