[bookport] Re: Strange BookPort events

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:31:05 -0400

One thing you need to be careful about is disconnecting too soon when on
Windows 2000.  In fact, it is not a bad idea to use the "Safely Remove
Hardware" button in the system trey.

>>> aruell@xxxxxxxxxxx Friday, May 13, 2005 4:17:06 PM >>>
Hello APH and all,
Had an interesting experience yesterday. Uncharacteristically took my
BP to
work to load some files. Installed the bp software from the APH site.
Went
to the NLS site and selected multiple files after downloading. The BP
appeared to be downloading files without difficulty, (sounds confirmed
file
transfer), but when I disconnected the unit, only the first files were

there. These were brf files and there was nothing else on the card, so

space certainly was not an issue.
   Tried multiple times without success. BTW, work system is running
Windows 2000. Any ideas why the first 4 files would transfer and the
rest
would not appear even though they seemed to be loading?
I am not at that machine now but can try any suggested fixes if they
are
suggested and/or can look at some things here at home if that would
help.
Thanks.
Amy
10:58 AM 5/13/2005, you wrote:
>Otto, you said, "when listening to music, I don't necessarily want to
>hear a piece of classical music somewhere in the middle, even if I
was
>interrupted, I would like to be able to start it without having to
put
>the card on the computer, and delete the hidden files which control
how
>the unit treats a particular file."
>
>Why not just press and hold key number one and go back to the
beginning
>of the file?

That