[bookport] Re: Stabilizing the headphones

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:24:51 -0400

Kaari:

There is a one-year warranty with the Book Port. Once it is out of
warranty, the repair cost is $65. Please send your unit back to the
attention of the "Repair Department," and indicate how you wish to pay
for it--you can include a check or money order with your unit, or you
may indicate in your note, whether you want to use Visa, MasterCard or
Discover. It is best not to include the credit card number in the box,
but rather give contact information and the person in the Repair
Department will contact you further. If it is easier, you may write me
offlist and I will be glad to relay the information to the person in
charge.

Please remember to include your name and address, and a brief
description of the problem you are having, so they'll know where to
look.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/11/05 01:28PM >>>
Thanks for the recommendation for repairing my BP. I wasn't sure this
could
even be fixed. I'm sorry I ran into trouble too, and I guess I'm just
being
whiny, but it seems unfair that the headphone connection in a $10 tape
player has lasted at least 6 years, while the BP, living in the same
pocket
of the same sweater, has gotten wobbly and unreliable after 14 months.
    I know APH has always used high quality parts, and that leads into
what
I originally asked. It seems odd that with all the attention to
quality
parts, it seems like no attention was given to keeping the headphone
jack
from sideways stresses that cause trouble.
    And, by the way, I have always used the right-angled style plug.I
like
it better and I'd hoped it would avoid this problem.
Sigh. So who do I contact for repairs?
Kaari