[bookport] Stabilizing the headphones

  • From: "Kaari Parrish" <kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:23:40 -0800

Okay, another suggestion for future models. Can the headphones, when
installed in their headphone jack, be stabilized so that when the BP is
clipped on a belt and you move and bend, the headphone connection doesn't
get stressed? I had a Walkman once that had sort of a short wall on either
side of the headphone jack, so when they were plugged in, the headphone to
Walkman connection couldn't be damaged if you bumped it.
    Mine has gotten damaged. A week after the warranty ran out (of course)
the sound went to mono only, after a couple days of having to be adjusted
just perfectly or else. My husband diagnosed a loosening BP to headphone
connection. I ended up putting a mono-to-stereo adapter in the headphone
jack, and it at least sounds normal, but it sticks out farther, and as the
weeks have passed, it too is loosening up and skips words when things aren't
lined up just so. I can foresee the end coming, and it's heartbreaking.
    Either I'm going to have to live without it for awhile and pay to have
it fixed, if it even can be fixed, or I'm going to have to replace the unit.
That's awfully hard to swallow on a unit that's only 14 months old, as much
as it cost in the first place.
    So my point is, if the BP is being advertised as something that will
become your constant pocket companion (which it is), could some thought be
given to making it a little more resistant to damage due to the user's
normal movement?
Thanks lots.
Kaari