[bookport] Re: Speech question?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:29:27 -0500

Hi Deb:

You can use any speech that shows up in that Listview.  Keep in mind, however,
that if they are Sapi voices, they have to be Sapi 5, so if you had a Sapi 4
voice on your system, it would not show up in the list.

By selecting the appropriate voices and hitting the Send audio (alt e), it'll
convert your text files into MP3 files, using the selected speech.  However,
keep in mind that you will not have navigation points and your files will
become larger, as they are now MP3 files, instead of text files.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> debra_crawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/23/08 02:19PM >>>
Yes but there are some in the transfer software which are not in the book
port itself.  Wondered what the purpose of those is if they can't be used in
the BP.  I'm wanting to try Mike an he's not in the BP menu.  Thanks.