[bookport] Re: Software speech on Bookport

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello John:
This is what I do. I scan a book. I then take the text of the book and put it
in a program like Text-to-Audio (www.readingmadeeasy.com) or TextAloud
(www.nextup.com). These software packages change the text using software
synthesizers into mp3 files. I then download the mp3 file to the BookPort. This
is the best of both worlds. You get the voice you want and you can use the
great navagation of the Book Port.
Jim -- Michigan

John Robinson <jbr100uk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just another idea. I find the Bookport's internal synthesizer quite
acceptable for short texts, but it does become a bit monotonous when
reading for long periods. Is there any potential in the future for
having a software speech synthesizer built into the Bookport's
firmware? A multilingual synthesizer such as Eloquence would be ideal.

John