[bookport] Re: Software speech on Bookport

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:10:42 -0500

Well, DoubleTalk is far from being my favorite speech synth, and when I see
Dectalk and some of the other really good voices that are available on some of
the Pocket PC and cell phone speech products that are coming out I really
wonder why we couldn't have something more responsive and easier to understand
on BookPort.  But, with all the wonderful things that BookPort has going for it
I can certainly manage to deal with DoubleTalk, at least for the present.  The
fact is, I am not that wild about Eloquence either.  But, if Dectalk speech can
be made small enough to be used in the limited memory of a cell phone I would
think it could be adapted to work in a Bookport too.  But, it would probably
increase the price of the BookPort by at least $100 to put Dectalk speech in
the Bookport.