[bookport] Re: Sending Word Documents

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:49:38 -0500

This looks like a case where we need to do some better explanation in
the manual and put some more controls on getting things into the notes
folder.  The fact is that the notes folder can use only text and html
files.  We were letting anything go, because it was kind of cool to let
you edit source code, ini files, etc.  But, we cannot preserve the
information stored in a Word file on Book Port.  You can save that word
file as a text file and keep that text file synchronized.

In the next version of the software, Book Port Transfer will notify you
that you cannot store Word or audio files into the notes folder.

>>> kittrell@xxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:53:38 AM >>>
I've been playing around with the synch feature this morning and it is

great.  While doing this I stumbled across a problem.  When I send a
word
document to the Bookport and try to read it all I get is gobbledy gook
and
no text from the original document.  I saved it in the Notes folder but

that shouldn't make any difference, should it?  any suggestions?
Larry Kittrell