[bookport] Re: Send to BookPort issue

  • From: David Chan <chandtw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:27:45 -0700

I have not tried to copy a 'formatted' book directly yet but ASCII text files worked fine copying directly... have not gotten around to installing BPT onto my computer yet but will pay attention to what my firewall does while doing so...

--David

At 05:49 PM 9/28/2005 -0400, you wrote:
I don't think you can copy a book; as opposed to an MP3 file; directly to
the card, since it wouldn't be indexed. Also, I don't recall Norton
AntiVirus ever asking me anything after I'd installed a new app, but Norton
Firewall very definitely does require you to "register" newly installed
software that attempts to connect to the network. I wonder if the original
questioner really does have Norton Firewall installed and just doesn't know
it.