[bookport] Re: Removing the Belt Clip

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 11:03:14 -0700

Hello to the list,

Because the note below was sent from the wife who states that her husband is
a "tech expert", implying that there should be some credibility associated
with her comments, I had to respond.

I am a totally blind individual with no "tech expert" qualifications.  Just
a reasonably intelligent and careful blind guy.

I, without sighted assistance and with only a little difficulty, took my bp
apart, removed the belt clip and put it back together.  The only difficulty
I had, was lining up the headphone and USB connecters when putting it back
together.

If your BP is no longer on warrantee and you really find the belt clip a
nuisance, it can be removed.  Even though it feels from the outside like the
clip is glued or moulded to the main unit, it is not.  It is simply held on
by 2 screws.

Because I didn't know exactly how the BP comes apart, it took me probably
about half an hour to take it apart, remove the belt clip and put it back
together.

If you can find a reasonably careful sighted assistant (especially if He
doesn't carry the label "tech expert"), the task can be performed in less
than 15 minutes.  You would have to be quite clumsy (or perhaps a "tech
expert") to seriously damage the machine.

Reed