[bookport] Re: Radio for the BP

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:08:18 -0500

We really don't have any details about time frames or upgrades yet.

>>> bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:56:42 AM >>>
Hi Larry,

That is excellent news. Any idea of timescales?

I presume that means existing BPs will not be able to offer this
functionality
and need replacing.

I am so pleased to hear that we will be able to do this at some point.

Thank you for the reply.

Bruce.

On Thu Mar 10 12:53 , 'LARRY SKUTCHAN' <lskutchan@xxxxxxx> sent:

>We plan to let you alter the speed of audio files at some point, but
>there will not be a beta for it.  Hardware changes must occur before
>that is possible.

>Sorry Grant. I wasn't clear.
>
>What I should have said is the BP would be physically unchanged on
the

>outside. A hardware digital tuner would be fitted internally... but
>I've
>gone off that idea.
>
>The thing I really really want is the ability to playback audio files

>(especially mp3) and be able to vary the speed of their playback when

>listening. Does anyone know if this is planned? And if so when it may
>make
>its way into beta?
>
>Bruce.

BP