[bookport] Re: Problem with send files to book [port.

  • From: matthew dyer <mdyer1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:38:41 -0400

Hi I am using a strate usb cable and all iother drives that are usb work just fine with out a problem. I will try to reformat the card and let you know what happens.

Matthew

At 08:31 AM 6/13/2006, you wrote:
Matthew:

I have never seen that exact error message before.  If you know the
Book Port is working okay away from the computer--that is, it is getting
power and all other functions are working properly, then I would try
reformatting the Compact Flash card and try to connect again.  If the
error persists, then we'll need to investigate it further.  Our you
using a hub or a straight USB connection?  Also, make sure all other USB
devices are not connected at the same time.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> mdyer1@xxxxxxxxxx 06/12/06 07:49PM >>> Hi all. I just received my book port today how ever there is a problem which I hope to get some help with. I tried to plug in the usb cable, but It does not connect to the bookport. I just receive a message the usb hub has suceided the power and to click the message to see what it is about. I found the it is an unknown device. Is there A driver that I need to install from someware? Help would be greatly appreasieated.

Thanks.

Matthew

"You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall." George strate MSN/windows messenger: matthewdyer483@xxxxxxx To join my web brail list send a blank message to web-braille-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscriibe in the subject line

Visit my live journal at http://www.livejournal.com/users/mdyer1983

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.3/360 - Release Date: 6/9/2006