[bookport] Re: Problem with deleting audio files

  • From: "Otto Zamora" <donttreadonme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:27:57 -0400

Hello Pam,

I never did feel comfortable with deleting audio files from the unit,
because of what was described happened to me.
Thought that if I kept doing it, I might damage the card, or worse yet, the
unit, so I deleted audio files from the card using a card reader, never
thinking to wait until the unit shut down.
That's great, and now that I know, I will keep it in mind.
Thanks very much.

Otto

Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:22:24 -0500
From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>

Pete:

Try waiting for about 15 seconds after deleting your audio file and let the
unit shut down--you should hear the double beep to indicate shut down.  Once
you've gotten that, then see if the speech has returned to normal.  My guess
is that it will.  You can also try a Reset with 2 plus b.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/26/07 10:01AM >>>
Here is a problem which is fairly (although not absolutely) reproducible
when deleting audio files.

1.      Play and audio file (generally I have them sped up by about 1.5
times if that makes a difference)
2.      While the audio file is playing, delete the file by hitting the
"b"
and "e" keys simultaneously.
3.      Often this results in the audio file being deleted (as it
should
be), but the speech becomes crackly and/or dies.
4.      When this happens I generally have to take out the batteries to
reboot the unit in order to get the speech working properly.
5.      Sometimes (but not always) when this happens, I can recover the
speech quality by moving to another audio file and playing that file.

-- Pete