[bookport] Like the Ball Team That Is Winless, I Am Sad Because I'm Pinless

  • From: Nolan Crabb <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:44:49 -0500

                Well, folks, I don't write often to the list, but when I do,
I manage to prove without doubt how clueless I truly can be.  Here's the
circumstance:

I purchased last week a key from RFB&D to enable me to read their books on
my Book Port.  The key arrived today.

I inserted the CD, filled in my RFB&D customer number, got my hardware
fingerprint, and successfully registered the product at the RFB&D web site.

Now, Book Wizard has come up asking for a pin.  Dearest list members, I'm
both clueless and pinless.  Can any of you perhaps help?  Where do I get
this infamous pin?  I've been a registered RFB&D member for...a mega number
of years--we just won't go there as far as the details are concerned.
Suffice it to say that if someone can be a member in good standing, I
probably am.  And yet, I remain tragically pinless.

It may be that some on this list won't be able to resist the urge
to...uh...needle a guy who has no pin, but what's the point of that, I ask
you.  <smile>

Setting aside my lame attempt at humor, I should tell you that I'm taking
some college courses which require me to read a significant amount of a
textbook this week.  I now have the digital book from RFB&D, But without
that book wizard pin, I'm going nowhere fast.

Please, any of you who have successfully done this registration/installation
process, I'd be deeply grateful for your help.

Kindest Regards,

Nolan, who is stuck without a pin.