[bookport] Re: Playlists

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:21:46 -0600

You have a good idea there.  Add a playlist function to the transfer software.
That would let the transfer software software do the job of finding the files
on the memory card.  Then as you added or deleted files from the playlist it
would update the playlist on the Book Port.  Then on the Book Port end I would
just add a choice to the settings menu that would allow you to pick the
playlist that you wanted to use at any given time.  My guess is that the actual
playlist file in the BookPort could be some sort of index file that could
indicate where the file to be played resides on the memory card.  The only
files you would be able to add to a playlist would be ones on the current
memory card of course.  But, with more than one card a person could have a good
choice of playlists.