[bookport] Re: One more question about Audible Files

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:52:45 -0500

Caroline:

The Book Port only supports Format 4. That's why the manual
specifically says, Format 4. So, if your other books are in other
formats, you're going to have to get them in 4, if you want to play them
on your Book Port. Format 4 is MP3, the other formats are not.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx 03/29/06 09:47AM >>>
Hi again.  Okay, one more question concerning Audible files.  Book Port
supports file-type 4 which is the highest quality of files.  But, does
that mean that it won't play any of the lower file-types?  I got a book
a couple of months ago that I didn't get in format 4, and I'm wondering
if I'm going to have to get it again somehow, or if, even though it's
not in format 4, it will still play.  The manual just says format 4.
And, if it won't play anything less than format 4, does this also impact
the quality of MP3 files it'll play?  Do I have to have a specific
minimum bitrate if I'm going to play MP3's?  Thanks much.

Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Check out my blog at
http://ccongdon.wordpress.com
or add me to your Livejournal friends list with username tazcat
mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxx